The aim of the course is the description (origin and system) and the adoption of the Croatian orthoepic norm. Also, the aim is to observe the deviation of the accent norm as well as open problems of Croatian orthoepy. The aim is also to describe the implementation of the orthoepic norm in various groups of public speakers.
Passed course Phonetics and phonology.
1. Introduction to orthoepy of the general Croatian language.
2. Classical norm, norm of generally accepted and accepted pronunciation.
3. Pronunciation of phonemes, allophones and some peculiarities in three types of general Croatian language.
4. Prosodic tendencies in generally accepted and accepted Croatian pronunciation.
5. Accent in modern Croatian standard language: noun, adjective and verb accents, accent and other types of words - paradigmatic and typological norms.
6. Accent retraction on proclitic.
7. History of Croatian accent.
8. Stylistic and normative determinants of accented typological units (general language characters, regionalisms, non-Croatian accents)
9. Characteristics of conversational style and organic idiom.
10. Sociophonetic approach to accent in general Croatian.
11. Sociophonetic relation to different accented versions of the same words. Comparison of doublets in Croatian dictionaries, and grammars.
12. Words accent of foreign origin. Pronunciation of foreign names in the Croatian standard language.
13. Phonetic transcription (IPA): speech sounds, phonemes and allophones, prosodic and diacritical symbols for the Croatian language.
14. Speech in public media.
15. Speech analysis of public speakers.
Students are required to:
- actively, regularly and constructively participate in classes (students are required to attend a minimum of 80% of lectures and 80% of seminars)
- respect the ethical and scientific principles of the higher education institution
- do research, present a seminar and pass a written exam
- to be informed about the classes he / she missed with other students or in consultations with the professor
Considering the learning outcomes and students' obligations, the final grade is based on the following elements:
- passed written exam - 70%
- research and seminar essay - 30%
Criteria for evaluating and grading individual elements are described in the course repository.
- (poglavlja: Prozodijski sustav, Uloga prozodijskih jedinica, Pomicanje naglaska; pregledi sklonidbe po morfološko-naglasnim tipovima).
- Ivšić, S.: Prilog za slavenski akcenat.
- Kapović, M.: Povijest hrvatske akcentuacije. Fonetika.
- Mićanović, K: Hrvatski s naglaskom. Standard i jezični varijeteti.
- Škarić, I.: Hrvatski izgovor
- Škarić, I.: Hrvatski govorili!